PE Baffle gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgethis

Dec 16, 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I have a PE NEO 2.5 Insert. I have read other post about user replacing the baffle gasket on their PE wood stove. I dont seems to have a baffle gasket on my NEO 2.5. I also look in the wood stove manual exploded view, and there is no baffle gasket there either. But when looking in other PE wood stove exploded view, there is a mention off a baffle gasket in it. Can someone confirm this?

Regards,

Last edited:
I have a NEO insert and have had my baffle out a few time, there is no gasket, post a link to the exploded view when you get a chance.

Here it is.
upload_2016-1-4_10-22-30.png upload_2016-1-4_10-22-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
But when looking in other PE wood stove exploded view, there is a mention off a baffle gasket in it.

Can you send this view? The view you posted shows no baffle gasket.

I misunderstand your request. Here`s the exploded view of the PE Super 27. As you can see, part 16 is the baffle gasket.
upload_2016-1-4_11-6-46.png upload_2016-1-4_11-7-14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, interesting but the 27 is a lot different than the NEO inserts, a case of different parts for different stoves....the baffle on ours just slips over the baffle intake tube so there's really no need for a gasket i suppose.

You are probably right. The NEO is a newer stove than the 27 if I am not mistaken and they probably change the design of the baffle. This confirms it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.