PE Summit gasket measurements?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am in the welding stage of my revamp, looks as though I should add a lip in front of the tubing for the gasket to rest on under the baffel. My local dealer said to just use 1/2" of the same insulation that I bought for the rest of insulating under the baffel. Right? Tim

Attachments

• DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 156
I been wanting to put a ledge for the front of the baffle gasket to rest on for a couple years now. I bend a pc of s.s. on an L bend, but could not slide it in the seam between the vertical & horizontal tubes.
You can try the gasket material your using for the baffle sides & top as a gasket. Let us know how it works out. Any secondary sneaking out of there really won't affect it much. There are secondary holes in the back of the baffle under that curled edge.

Looks very nice tim1. A bigger lip would work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.