PE Summit insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bushels20

Feeling the Heat
May 20, 2018
OH
Starting the process of replacing the Napoleon 1101 insert with a PE Summit (the insert I should have bought 7 years ago). Like many, I want to load N/S and need a larger firebox. I have been researching for a year or so and finally have the better-half convinced.

That said, I’m getting some varying pricing in my shopping. I’ve seen the unit as cheap as $2600 and as much as $3200 (all with standard options). I’m not in to the brass and nickle doors and such, I like black. So standard pricing is my baseline.

Do you all mind sharing what you paid? And if you ordered to your home, where from? I can install myself with the help of a neighbor (to lift). So I’m not opposed to ordering online.

My local dealer won’t install stoves they don’t sell, maybe a liabilit issue? Not sure. Anyway, don’t want to pay the install fee to simply have them connect my liner to the unit. If my thought process is wrong here, please advise.

I ordered my Alderlea T5 insert through "thechimneysweeponline" out of Bellingham, Wa in Jan. 2011. I believe all in with liner kit and delivery, it was about $3200.00 no sales tax. Mine is all standard also, no accessories. Excellent to deal with and come to find out, they are on this site. IMHO-phenomenal insert, the best!!! With the better hardwoods, I get 12 hour cycle times. It delivers a beautiful light show, cranks the heat, and has been absolutely trouble free. I know the Summit is even larger and weighs more, may need a third hand with install/unloading. Hope this helps!

In 2006, I paid $2,046.38 for all black standard model, not including PA sales tax.
I picked it up at the store, transported and installed myself.

Some dealers give low ball pricing, that does not include the door. So make sure you ask what exactly you are getting for the quoted price, and are there any additional you will have to pay for parts that are not included int he price.

I paid $2600 for my insert three years ago and $600 for the chimney liner kit (pipe insulation cap etc). All black insert with the larger surround as well.

I paid $2600 for my insert three years ago and $600 for the chimney liner kit (pipe insulation cap etc). All black insert with the larger surround as well.

Was this online or from a local dealer? I’m down in Fiairfield County OH. Wondering who the dealer is/was.

It was a dealer Cherry valley 5391 Hayes Rd, Andover, OH 44003. (440) 293-4622 give them a call they have a big selection.