PE Summit Install - Part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dliguori

Dec 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
More pics of the install. SS floor liner / SS Bottom Plate with insulation / Liner w/ insulation.

Attachments

• Fireplace Insert 113.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 113.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Fireplace Insert 118.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 118.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Fireplace Insert 125.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 125.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 297
  • Fireplace Insert 134.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 134.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 281
  • Fireplace Insert 148.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 148.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Fireplace Insert 146.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 146.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 290
  • Fireplace Insert 121.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 121.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Fireplace Insert 136.jpg
    Fireplace Insert 136.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 283
Better than professional! Nice work.

What's the light grey stuff on the perimeter of the hearth floor?

The light stuff on the perimeter is thinset. Used it to fill in the gaps around the cement board and the walls / front.

For those of you with the Summit inserts, where do you take a temp reading and what temps do you get. Curious on your best operating range and your highest temps you had. I take my temps with an infrared laser and I usually have 500-650 on the glass door and 900+ if I open the door and shoot the secondary baffle plate.

I'm not sure if you will get the most accurate reading off the glass. Try the face of the insert just above the corners of the door. Stove should be running in the 650-700F range with a good fire. The temp will drop a bit if the blower is running, so 550-650F may be what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.