PE Summit rear air deflector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bcarp

Jan 19, 2021
BC Interior
Hello,

Curious if anyone on here has reversed the air deflector at the back of a PESummit LE? This deflector is intended to send the air from the fan over the top of the stove.

I reversed mine which allows the fan air to go up. Wanted to try this as my stove is in the basement and I want my heat to rise and into the floor joists of the upstairs.

B51AB73F-58AE-4717-865A-DA5C0AD7DCB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Clicked post too early!
Do any of the experts see an issue here? I realize it probably won’t keep my stove top temp down as it would if the deflector was as installed by factory, But I’d sooner see the air go up.

thoughts?

thanks

Last edited:
That is defeating a good feature. Natural convection will have the warmed air go up. And the air over the stovetop will be much hotter. Put it back as designed.