PELLET CO-OP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Anybody got any ideas bout srarting pellet co-op ? Drop ship pellets in different areas, with commitments from advance pellet buyers ? We could & this is just a thought, set a minimum prebuy , or something like that . Maybe savings would not be that great on our end but maybe it would give pellet manufacturers an incentive . Just my thoughts :) Muss

They are already selling as much as they can make with an already established network of retailers. I tried to do this years ago when pellets and stoves were a new thing and the pellet makers wouldn't even talk to me.

Biggest drama is getting 2 or more buddies to trust you with their cash so you can buy a truck load then cross dock (oh somebody needs a dock and a fork truck and time to receive the load) Then at your new friends schedule, you load them and make up for any bags that shatter in the process!

Sorry - too much fooling around!

Status
Not open for further replies.