Pellet Insert Equipmenet Advice (Quad 1200i versis Regency GFI55)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

620Apple

Hearth Supporter
Greetings. Relatively new to the site and am hoping that I can get some honest feedback regarding their experience, research, and general knowledge of two inserts I am considering. I understand that the information I get from here I should take with a grain of salt, but there are a fair number of folks on this site that seem to really know their stuff. While I am not a complete novice to alternative heating (ie a wood stove when I was growing up), I am new to the pellet scene and this will be my first stove purchase of my own.

I did find this thread: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/19687/ but I was wondering whether there were any updated opinions?

To my point, I am considering the purchase of a Regency GFI55 or Quad 1200i. The two are comparable in available online specifications from what I can tell, but what I can't determine is how their overall build quality is in regards to components, repair ease and costs, and reputation. I seem to read a fair number of pretty decent things on the Quad, but the GFI55 being a newer appliance, there isn't much available - even on this forum. Heck, I'd even appreciate opinions of just the manufacturers. I believe the quad is made in USA from US and Chinese components and the Regency is made in USA or Canada. Is this correct? I have not seen a GF in person (I plan to), but I have seen the Quad.

Does anyone have input on either or both of these inserts? I would appreciate any comparison info you might have one one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.