New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Pellet Price vs Home Heating Oil price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Looks like pellets will be cheaper than oil this year. Problem being pellet prices around me are also ridiculous:
Hammers for $395/ton! Oil be cheaper/same at that price.
I will be going with Greene Team for $305/ton after coupons.
Was hoping oil would drop just not sure it will. Regret not buying 100g when was $3.95/gal as now $4.35/gal.
I installed new boiler in 2020 and can see is much more efficient.
I have not bought oil in nearly 12months. Filled tanks with 390 gallons for $915 on 9/24/21 ($2.35/gal). Prior to that was 100g in May 2021 ($2.30/gal). With oil now nearly 2x as much pellets will be cheaper. I just have to clean stove often as effecincy drops off fast with all the ash that sticks to heat exchangers.
I think only bought 1.2 tons pellets last year (60 bags).
Assuming oil prices dont drop going to get at least 3 tons this year.
Savings wont be huge but should be at least $500 less than oil. Wish I could get good pellets cheap but Greene Team seems like best option again.

Looks like pellets will be cheaper than oil this year. Problem being pellet prices around me are also ridiculous:
Hammers for $395/ton! Oil be cheaper/same at that price.
I will be going with Greene Team for $305/ton after coupons.
Was hoping oil would drop just not sure it will. Regret not buying 100g when was $3.95/gal as now $4.35/gal.
I installed new boiler in 2020 and can see is much more efficient.
I have not bought oil in nearly 12months. Filled tanks with 390 gallons for $915 on 9/24/21 ($2.35/gal). Prior to that was 100g in May 2021 ($2.30/gal). With oil now nearly 2x as much pellets will be cheaper. I just have to clean stove often as effecincy drops off fast with all the ash that sticks to heat exchangers.
I think only bought 1.2 tons pellets last year (60 bags).
Assuming oil prices dont drop going to get at least 3 tons this year.
Savings wont be huge but should be at least $500 less than oil. Wish I could get good pellets cheap but Greene Team seems like best option again.
Wow! What a great descriptive price list with many options. I'm from WV and just started burning pellets last winter. I wish we had specialty businesses that focus on pellets instead of having to rely on big box stores that don't know their head from their ass. Last year I was paying $270-$300 per ton. This year at lowes the price has increased 22% but I was able to find a deal at home depot for $270 per ton, so I grabbed 10 tons. I'm expecting prices to increase.