Pellet quality ranking list

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
I thought there was a compliled list of pellets regarding their quality and properties but i can`t seem to find it.
I`m about to buy about 10 tons (not all for me) but I don`t want the same Lignetics i bought last year (white bag w/blue lettering)
They had far too much ash and were extrordinarily dusty. I`d gladly pay more for a good pellet.
suggestions anyone? I`m in western Ma.
Thanks.

Click on the first Pellet Forum Sticky Links for the link to that info. I find it very helpful, but unfortunately there seems to be a difference year to year in pellet quality among the same brand. I am hoping my 4 tons of Turmans burn as good as they have the past 2 years. I also like Vermont, Barefoots, and Okies.

newf lover said:
Click on the first Pellet Forum Sticky Links for the link to that info. I find it very helpful, but unfortunately there seems to be a difference year to year in pellet quality among the same brand. I am hoping my 4 tons of Turmans burn as good as they have the past 2 years. I also like Vermont, Barefoots, and Okies.
Thanks! I found what i wanted there.

Ive started burning the Ambiance late this season and its the best pellets ive seen yet.

Do not buy a pellet that has been stored outside. Density is the key to a good pellet. Moisture will break that down and you will not like the burn. Weather bags will help the water falling onto them but not the sun heating them during the day and the cold nights making condensation INSIDE the bags.

Eric

If you can get your hands on Okanagan's, Vermont Woods, or Spruce point I would pull the trigger. I myself like the softwoods...more heat, less ash than almost all the hardwoods outthere.

Status
Not open for further replies.