Pellet Stove install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
Both my stoves terminate on the south wall of my house.

I have a jet termination on the P61a that is move on the east end of that wall. However, the jet termination is just a straight pipe. I does well and doesn't collect crap. I don't have any issues with snow entering - that I know of. I took apart the exhaust completely a couple of years ago when I moved the stove (same exhaust point, just moved the stove toe the opposite side of the window it sticks out of), and the pipe and stove connection were spotless, without any rust.

I now use a 45* elbow as a termination on the P43 that is on the west end of that wall. I have the angle set at about 4 or 5 o'clock so it is slightly away from the wind.. The P43 used to have one like at the top, but I did not like it at all since it collected crud.

But, they will both work

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
It would collet ash that is in the exhaust and it would stick to the hood part. Sure, I still get some on the 45* elbow, but not nearly so bad and I just have to knock it out a couple of times during the heating season.

Not the biggest deal in the world, just my preference for that particular stove, in that particular place, in my particular circumstances.