Pellet Stove Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmezs

Hearth Supporter
Dec 26, 2008
Northwest
I Have a Used Avalon Newport Bay Pellet Insert that came with the house I bought. The room blower fan doesn't stay on all the time and unit gets extremely hot. It will start with a manual push but will go off soon after. It stayed on all night last night after acting like this yesterday, but has gone back to this mode. Could it the fan motor failing or could it be a control device acting up. It has previously melted the vacuum line at the exhaust blower fan which was a clear line that may have been wrongly replaced previously by the last owner. I have used high temp silicon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the motor to me. You can disconnect it, strip the ends of an old extension cord and hook it up to direct power. That will tell you for sure. The Avalon vacuum lines are usually clear (or used to be) so it's likely the right line. I noticed mine on my Yankee got a little crispy after a few years on the end that attaches to the exhaust blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.