Pellet Stove Recipes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
Anyone have any good recipes of items they've cooked with their stove? I've only baked potatoes, but there must be more that can be done than that.

Reactions: Tim Linden
I don't have a recipe other than a recipe for disaster. I had a customer with an Accentra FS who decided he'd use the stove top to thaw some chicken breasts...Freezing cold chicken on top of the glass load door, on a hot stove, well...

I was just about to ask the same question. We keep a simmer pot on the top of ours with a couple of cinnamon sticks in it for good measure. Fill it up a couple of times a day when the stove is running hot. My wife will sometimes put her teakettle on it.

We had a week long power outage when Sandy dumped 3 feet of heavy, wet snow on us. Some friends of ours with a generator prepared numerous meals on their Harman p68.

I keep my coffee warm on top of my stove. That's it!

How do I do that with an insert? P35i? Maybe I shoulda gone with a regular one.. That would be a nice feature..

Just my buns!

I don't make food with mine but I do use it to dispose of pistachio shells. I mix them in with the pellets for a few free BTU's.

I don't make food with mine but I do use it to dispose of pistachio shells. I mix them in with the pellets for a few free BTU's.
I've done that too. My daughter LOVES raisins, but she usually drops a few as she bounces around the living room, and I find them by stepping on them. These usually end up in the hopper too. My surface gets nowhere hot enough to except maybe keep a cup of coffee warm. I actually like this, don't need any little burnt hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.