Pellet stove shuts down, shows E in Heat Range display, nothing in Blower display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirtwist2

Hearth Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
ct
Greetings,

I have an England Stove Works pellet stove, model 25-pdvc/55-shp10 with a date of 10/03, bought new. The settings are A, 6, 4, 1. Right now, we are starting it and running it on 2 on both the Heat Range and Blower Speed.

It will run for a couple hours, then will completely shut down and show an E in the Heat Range display and nothing in the Blower display. I've down internet searches and they show error codes with a number in the blower display but I don't have that.

After sitting for a short time, I can restart it and it will run for awhile before shutting down again. I'm thinking perhaps some sort of temperature/overheating issue?

Thanks for the help!

well you want to run in D mod not A.... try that first after a total clean

The factory setting was A, that's what we've run for the past 10 years. What does D do and why would I want to run it?

Someone posted ( more than once, I think), that sometimes these stoves default ... or come that way ... set to mode A.
Another post said that 'these stoves were not designed to run in modes A or B". Unfortunately, I don't remember which 'these stoves' the poster was referring to. Mine is a '96 25-PDVP, and Mike from ESW said it should be set to mode B. So ... go figure.

I don't remember hearing or seeing anyone here, post they are running in mode A. If you do a 'factory reset' of the board ... it defaults to A. I just did a factory reset of mine (not the original control board, though ...) ... and it defaulted to A mode.

So .... It wouldn't hurt things to try it on D

Setting the stove on the D setting seems to have helped, so far. We ran it for about 6 hours today with no issues at all. Not sure what the D setting does, it's the only one of the four I can't find an explanation for and still don't know what my original problem was but it seems to be working so far! Hopefully, it will continue to keep working when we need to run it 24/7.

Thanks for the help, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.