pellet stove will not turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mr meener

Aug 11, 2017
NY, USA
I went to turn on my harmon P-43 stove plugged it in and nothing happens. usally the red light comes on and the fans runs for a second. is there a fuse or something?

There is on the main board. I would also check the outlet to be sure it has power (they can fail).

Sam

There is on the main board. I would also check the outlet to be sure it has power (they can fail).

Sam
I just found the reason. I cleaned the pellet fine box and have to move a harness of wires to get at the wing nut. so I pulled out the multi pronged plug in the back of the circuit board so no power. thanks for the reply cause you made me take out the circuit board to check the fuse and I spotted it

I just found the reason. I cleaned the pellet fine box and have to move a harness of wires to get at the wing nut. so I pulled out the multi pronged plug in the back of the circuit board so no power. thanks for the reply cause you made me take out the circuit board to check the fuse and I spotted it

Glad it was something simple - a lot of time it is so always check the free stuff before throwing money at it. Even after all these years, last year for my first start up of the season, one of my stoves would begin the startup sequence (fans only. I got suggestions from the board to the stove temp probe. Thank goodness I went over the stove before calling someone in - it was a self induced failure ;lol