Pellet to Masonry connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pellet pat

Sep 20, 2018
rhode island
Hi all,

I need help, I have a masonry chimney that was user for wood burning stove that i now want to use for a pellet stove. Here’s the layout. Stove is in the basement with an 8” hole in the wall about 4 feet up the wall. This goes horizontal for 28 inches then connects to a clay 8x13 wrap with brick outside the house.

I’m planning on a 4” flex liner with a tee at the end. My problem is I bought Duravent pro pellet stove pipe for the inside of the house. I can’t figure out how to connect the pellet dual layer pipe to the single layer snout. I found a duravent pellet to flex liner connector. This newbie needs your help.

Thanks