pellet used update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put 35 bags through so far. I only burn at night when I'm home. I do need to burn up some of the oil I have in my tank. I've only burned 80 gallons in the past 2 years.

Reactions: bogieb
How many bags are you guys at

I forgot to count -- maybe six? Of course, it was 72F here yesterday, several more warm days coming, I know this won't last but at this rate I'd have had leftovers come spring.

Hey, somebody needs to keep the pellet manufacturers going this winter. Your contributions to their cause are no doubt appreciated! [emoji3]
I think it is more that I am still in shock from getting a $5/gallon propane bill 2 years ago. Prices may be lower, but I'm only using it sparingly. This way there are no surprises.

Reactions: bogieb
So far this year I have used 34 bags burning from Sept to now mostly at night. wife likes the house warm and although oil is cheap she still wants the stove on. Don't get me wrong I love my stove and enjoy the heat but this week north of Boston we are going to see mid to high 50s and 40s at night. Dec has been been pretty warm thus far similar to last year. I plan on not burning any pellets for the next week and keeping the house at 68 with the base board oil heat. Oil is 1.70 a gallon and I am going to try and save some pellets weather permitting. How many bags are you guys at and also what are your plans this season as far as using oil ?
half a bag of pellets used. Oil is 1.53 a gallon and dropping fast

Reactions: Cory S
I've burnt 46 bags since September 1st. :). Wife and I both love the Piazzetta Monia, great stove.

I've put 45 bags between 3 stoves.Running propane at night as last delivery was
1.79/gal

Just put the 35th bag in the stove last night. Been burning since November 20th. Have had warm days but the stove is in the basement and like to take the chill off. Also love looking at the fire. :)

just as blketony but 31th bag

30th bag went in this morning since end of September.

28 bags so far of the reg. energex since Nov. 1st ... ..No propane at all , so far . Have had to open the windows quite a bit with the temps they are but the fresh airs a treat for this time of year...

About 20 bags for me. Heat Pump has been a great investment, plus not listening to the damn pellet stove while trying to watch TV has been pretty awesome.

I've burned 54 bags since Oct. 1. Keeping house warmer than usual due to having sick mother-in-law living with us for this winter. If it was just us I think I would have burned probably half that. Very happy though as my count last year at this time was 86.

Pretty negligible this year. I'm not a big bag counter myself - once the pellets are on hand we just fire up the stove and keep the house warm. We've used well less than a ton I would say. Big difference from last year. Safe bet that it will get cold eventually though. We've still got around 4 tons to go, so it should be fine. I prefer to run out of pellets at the end of the season anyway because they take up half of the cellar, and at least I'll have that half of the cellar during the summer if we run out.

39, with two stoves.

I've burned 47 bags and about 75 gallons of Propane so far since June.
Ron

34 bags since Sep. 27th....
About 17 gallons of propane for dryer/HW only.

I'm under 10 bags so far and don't look like I will be burning until next weekend.Sure didn't feel at all like x-mas today with the warm temps.

after a quick count 45 so far

I used approximately 48 pellets today showing a guest how the stove worked. Just pushed the auger to feed a minute or so.

11:47PM Christmas night, 56 degrees.....

Status
Not open for further replies.