pellets going everywhere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Badpelletstove

Nov 18, 2017
Nanaimo bc
pellet stove pellets are going in firebox and everywhere outside the firebox. Had it serviced it was fine until it was serviced guy put in a thermocouple. He doesn't know why it's doing this. I'm cleaning it out daily

What kind of stove?

Reactions: vinny11950
It is at the lowest setting it was running fine until the service guy came and put in that thermocouple. Service guy said he had no idea why it was doing it. Service guy took out the baffles and cleaned them also. I emailed heatilator and they said to check control box but it hasnt been changed. Been on the internet looking for answers

I think heatilator meant the the problem may be your control board has failed. Did your service guy unplug the stove when he changed out the thermocouple? damper open enough? change brands of pellets?

Sorry for your loss ;hm. I think maybe a new service guy needs to look at it. If the damper is set the same and feed rod is the same. A cleaning and thermocouple change wouldnt over feed