Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

harley75

Nov 21, 2016
pennsylvania
What's the deal with Lowes now there only carrying 2 brands of pellets nature's own and the Greene team nature's own don't like in 3 hours burn I have about 5 inchs of ash in burn pot there just as bad as stove chow.

Where in PA are you located? I gave up buying from the big box stores unless they are running an end of year sale. I'd rather give the same money to an independent Pellet Seller and you will get a better pellet.

if you have a Tractor Supply Co in your area, they carry pellets. try a few bags and see how their brand burns in your stove. if you have a Home Depot near by, I'm hearing better reviews about the 'Stove Chow" brand they carry.

Also look up Kingdom Bio Fuels. They manufacture their own pellets in Peachbottom

Tried stove chow same alot of ash I'll try tractor supply I heard they have there own brand hard wood and there half the size of stove chow pellet so they will feed alot better to

They have their own bags with their name but someone else makes the pellets. Last I heard it was Lignetics pellets in the white bags with blue letters at TSC.
What brand stove are you using?

Are you able to haul your own pellets or do you need delivery?

Worth an email or phone call. If you buy them all that comes out to be less than $4 per bag.

Cool! Also look up Kingdom Bio Fuels, They have great reviews with users saying high heat output and low ash.

Just thought of another possible seller of pellets. I know the Agway near me has wood pellets as well as Ace Hardware stores

They have their own bags with their name but someone else makes the pellets. Last I heard it was Lignetics pellets in the white bags with blue letters at TSC.

I ran the UPC code on the blue bags at our TSC out here in southern Wisconsin and it indicated Ozark Hardwoods. So, not surprisingly, there are regional differences.

Northern NY TSC just dumped the last 3 bags in the Big-E tonight and i wont be getting any more. ash is NOT 1% more like 12%
SAM_1437.JPG SAM_1440.JPG

Hey there , has anyone heard of tru-heat pellets? Found some for 160 per ton.thats around 3.20 per bag. I pay 235 per ton at my harman dealer!

Hey there , has anyone heard of tru-heat pellets? Found some for 160 per ton.thats around 3.20 per bag. I pay 235 per ton at my harman dealer!
I'd buy a whole truckload at that price! 100% softwood!

Reactions: Orson_Yancey