Pelopro ppc90 problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is this the kind of stuff you're talking about?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex-Clear-RTV-Silicone-Adhesive-Sealant/16879903

I'd rather do something more permanent to fix it than have a piece of insulation taped over the sensor. And did you cover the sensor and the metal bracket it's mounted in as well, or just the sensor itself?

It needs to be high temp.
I used the hi temp ultra black pernatex rtv.
Just around the outside of the sensor. Just enough to keep any cool air from hitting it. Innmy opinion it should read the exhaust accurately.
I also squirted a couple small dabs on the outside panels, they rattle on mine. Fixed that also. It was something I had left over from an engine I was working on. It will hold up to the heat though.

I don't run an external, someone on here said they did.mine runs great with the internal. Like I said in my post, a little rtv around the sensor. In HVAC, on a txv it's important to insulate the probe or thermister, so imo, that exhaust temp probe should be insulated. When I insulated mine it solved my problem.

This stove just went on sale at Tractor Supply. $1350. Might pull the trigger on this one as my second stove.

So I went ahead and installed this stove this fall. Haven't gotten around to posting anything about it yet. I did a through the roof install with an OAK out the side wall. I did get a fuel feed alarm after about a month of burning, and the gasket rope has taken care of it so far. I did go ahead and call Pelpro about it as well. They told me that the new control boards didn't make it onto the production line until Oct of 2018. Mine was manufactured in June and delivered in September making mine an original board. The lady I spoke with was great and shipped a new board out that I have yet to install. Love the stove so far and the heat that it puts out.

Curios about
1. Trim settings- I've adjusted a bit, but curious to what everyone is running theirs at. Does this move a gate electronically?
2. External thermostat- I'd like to install a Nest E thermostat in another room. (Stove is 24v and Nest is 24v) don't see why this wouldn't work.

Still need to trim out the shiplap but here it is