Pelpro FPP2BD-M HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzzupwi

Dec 30, 2015
Newbie pellet guy!!! Picked up a used pelpro flat top as a stepping stone into the world of pellet stoves. Burned wood most my life but my house isn't got a spot for a wood stove.

I got it cheap... wouldn't work outside of the ignition stage. After testing found out it was just a Hi Low switch for the exhaust. Starts up and runs fine but only can get it to run in number 4 setting. After burning for a good length Of time (hour and half 2 hours) I've only been able to raise my dining room temperature 4 degrees. This doesn't seam right! Has a acutron 2 control in it. Dam thing is load too!

Reactions: jzm2cc
Now you probably have an idea why you got it cheap:(
Have you downloaded a manual and went through it and cleaned it out with compressed air short of a stick of dynamite to get all the passage ways and exchanger clean? Its probably constipated with ash etc. All to common with used stoves as owners don't maintain well and the stove starts giving more problems and less heat.

Reactions: Wuzzupwi
I knew it was putting the cart before the horse but I wanted to burn it to make sure that it would actually run. I'll shutter down let her cool off then do a deep clean. Is there any special cleaner I could use?

Status
Not open for further replies.