Pelpro TSC90 missed ignition.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JMar1020

Jan 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Hi all, new to the group. I've had a pelpro TSC90 for about 3 years now and it works great. The only issue I've found is that on days with really cold temperatures (anything single digits to below zero) there's almost always a missed ignition. I have the outside air hooked up. Could it be that the outside air is too cold? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

Does it fire up then after about 15 min. goes out
or it just does not light?

Sounds like a prof of fire switch not working or dirty Think they
call it an exhaust prob. Try removing it and cleaning it, see what happens
or jump the 2 wires and see if your stove works.
Think I would clean it first ash is a very good insulator

Sounds like a prof of fire switch not working or dirty Think they
call it an exhaust prob. Try removing it and cleaning it, see what happens
or jump the 2 wires and see if your stove works.
Think I would clean it first ash is a very good insulator

This is where to start. I hade the exact issue with my pp130. You will need to pull the exhaust fan so you can scrape/clean the inside of the housing really well. Ash builds up on the inside and acts as insulation for the POF sensor that screws to the outside of the housing. If it doesn’t read a fast enough raise in temperature it thinks it didn’t light and the auger wont feed more pellets.

Reactions: Mt Bob

That is the thread I made about it.

I removed the exhaust fan and sure enough the blades were all coated with soot and there was a good amount of ash. I cleaned everything thoroughly. Let's see if that fixes the problem. Thank you all for your help. Stay warm

I removed the exhaust fan and sure enough the blades were all coated with soot and there was a good amount of ash. I cleaned everything thoroughly. Let's see if that fixes the problem. Thank you all for your help. Stay warm

Hope it does.

Did you also scrape out the exhaust housing? The ash build up on the walls is what insulates the POF sensor.

Hi all, new to the group. I've had a pelpro TSC90 for about 3 years now and it works great. The only issue I've found is that on days with really cold temperatures (anything single digits to below zero) there's almost always a missed ignition. I have the outside air hooked up. Could it be that the outside air is too cold? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks
Hope the exhaust cleaning worked. I also has a similar problem with my PelPro PPC90. The igniter was slowly failing and it only lit the pellets on a cold start (sometimes). Changing the igniter solved it. Helps to have a spare igniter and a spare exhaust probe ...

Hope the exhaust cleaning worked. I also has a similar problem with my PelPro PPC90. The igniter was slowly failing and it only lit the pellets on a cold start (sometimes). Changing the igniter solved it. Helps to have a spare igniter and a spare exhaust probe ...
So far I haven't had an issue. Just waiting for a blistering cold night to put it to the test.