Penn Royal wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ErnieG

May 1, 2022
Wyoming pa
Hi everyone...
Looking for some info on this Penn Royal wood stove.
Could anyone tell me if they are a decent stove or maybe what model this may be ?
Thanks
Ernie

Screenshot_20220819-205448.png

That stove has 70s written all over it. You probably aren’t going to find much more information than what’s on the back tag, if it has one.

We see this name pop up once every few years. It's an oldie. A lot of these were coal stoves, but I have not seen one with that band below the air controls before. The coal version had a round shaker grate.

Thanks for the replies!

I've been researching the stove but can't seem to find the wood stove version like this one ...all the one I've found are the coal version with the shaker grate .
I'd really like to hear from someone who has experience with this stove .
Thanks
Ernie

I have the coal version in my garage ( it won't win any clean burning awards ) but it's a solid design a manual pipe damper helps keep some heat in . Try adding Wood Baron to your search terms as the coal version is called the coal baron