Pennington at the local Walmarts in the Berkshires for $265/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdjs

Dec 6, 2008
western MA
I went to the local Walmarts and then HD to see what they had for pellets.
Walmart has 39 tons of Pennington for $265/ ton or $5.30/bag.
HD had pellets mark Freedom in blue bags. Not sure who made these. They are asking $249/ton or $4.98/bag

I bought freedom pellets last year to try . I would not recommend them. Buy 2 bags first before buying a ton. They are smaller and lighter color then most brands. I would keep shopping for a different brands of pellets.

jamesdjs said:
I went to the local Walmarts and then HD to see what they had for pellets.
Walmart has 39 tons of Pennington for $265/ ton or $5.30/bag.
HD had pellets mark Freedom in blue bags. Not sure who made these. They are asking $249/ton or $4.98/bag
Went to Walmarts Today and they have drop their price to $249/ton for Penningtons. :cheese:

I've tried both and nothing bad happened. But I would first check around and see if there are other pellets in your area. If the price difference is not too great, check out the reputation of the other pellets you discover.

Just loaded a bag of Penningtons for initial test out of curiosity, look pretty similar to the Energex to me.

Attachments

• tn_Penningtons.jpg
    tn_Penningtons.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 179
  • energex pic.jpg
    energex pic.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 182
Well, that bag lasted very well of Penningtons, actually quite surprised, i'd saay there probably as good as EnergeX or Lignetics to me,still not a big fan of Hardwood Pellets,Def wouldn,t pay MORE $$ for them over Softwood.
Topped out at 543-F on Glass,and 282-F at Heat Exchangers ,both on High for 10 Min test.Glass bit dirtier after 1 Bag then others so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.