Pennington for $214.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbullguy

Jul 29, 2008
Southern, NH
I have never tried these pellets, I did read on here about how hit or miss they can be. For the price it may be worth a ton to try early in the season before it gets really cold.

Sam's Club Manchester, NH July 11th starting at 7am Max of 5 ton $214 a ton.

(Don't know if I can post the above info??? So sorry if I can't, just trying to help NH pellet burners)

You definitely should post that sort of information. I'm just a member and for less than a year, but I see how a lot of people post that stuff. Have you considered posting it in the Fuel Price Reports Section as well as in this thread you have created? Just click on "Fuel Price Reports" at the top and fill in the blanks. That may also give you an idea of what else is available in your part of NH.

Not a huge fan of Pennington pellets, purchased two tons a few years ago for the same good deal, but it was not worth the savings, burned real inconstant sometimes building up half burnt in the burn pot, requiring scraping out all the pellets in the burn pot daily or twice daliy. Waisted a lot of pellets, theay also created a lot of ash and not much heat for all the trouble. I would spend the extra money for a better brand. Finally finished burning the last few bags this year.

I have used them the last 2 seasons and they were ok but did make a lot of heavy ash. They did seem to heat ok as far as I could see. If your stove is forgivig of such things they sound like a good deal.. I have to give Sams a call myself as they never advertise it when they have cheap pellets in stock it seems.

I used them this year bought 1 ton they are not worth the cost. Will not throw the heat other pellets do. I would look for a different brand of pellets if you can find them. I am paying extra later this year when pellets are at the local home depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.