People you Ignore

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougA

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2012
S. ON
Wanted to say that I finally was forced to try this feature and it eliminates all posts from people you are sick of who seem to post just to irritate other people. Wonderful feature.

I'm sure I am on a few others list. And my heart just breaks due to this....no it doesn't.
I have only ever added one person to it. Only to protect myself from ending up in jail, from finding them and beating their ass.
It is a good feature, but I have found most trolling irritants, are usually gone within time.

Reactions: Ashful and Dix
I would respond but you wouldn't see my post. ;lol

Been a long winter boys and girls.

Reactions: Dix
If some keyboard cowboy upsets you enough to have to have them 'blocked' .....well.....you might as well just give up your man card immediately and permanently.

If some keyboard cowboy upsets you enough to have to have them 'blocked' .....well.....
It's not a problem with someone after me personally or disagreeing with my views at all. If I'm right, I am glad to take all the fire someone wants to throw my way. If I'm wrong, I admit 'stoopidity' and move on. I really enjoy and obtain useful information from dissenting views and good arguments. I've even found myself agreeing with Hogwidz sometimes. ;lol

However, I do get sick of certain people constantly preaching that their stove is perfection and all others are inferior, 'ad nauseum'. I think there are a fair number of really good choices available that suit the individual needs that all of us have when choosing a stove. I used to endure that same problem years ago when people on computer forums preached that Apple was a god. I'm too old and tired to put up with that BS anymore and I left all those forums because of it. I'd like to stick around here and if I have to 'unfriend' someone to get more enjoyment from this forum, so be it.

I'll reverse it in a few months and see if things have changed. If he/she replies to my post it may become kinda interesting as I won't see it. :oops:

Reactions: pen
However, I do get sick of certain people constantly preaching that their stove is perfection and all others are inferior, 'ad nauseum'.

Now I wonder who that could be. ;lol

As a Mod I can't ignore posts. But that delete button I have comes in handy often.

Reactions: fossil
And don't be afraid to use the "report" button. Chances are that if you are tired of a posters activities, so are others. Then we poke BroB with a red hot stick and send him off to do the deed.::-);lol

Reactions: Dix and Lake Girl
Man I am missing a lot here, I can't see anything but "this user is ignored" in every line.
Getting lonely in here with my top of the heap stove, and always being right. Damn
I am sure we have all dealt with plenty of keyboard commandos.
I surely won't be giving up my man card, my knuckles drag on the ground and I can't reach it anyways.
It would sure be nice to step in some faces of a few choice commandos though, and lay some paws on them.
I have met quite a few members, and all have been great. Even BB & BG were tolerable....:cool: My neck just hurt always looking down to talk to them ::-)
Ah well, most trolls move on, some stay and become decent productive members, and a small few should go away, but don't. Life goes on regardless.

Reactions: Dix
I only ignored one member . . . but that was mostly because 99.9% of his posts were gibberish that I couldn't read anyways.

He has since "moved" on . . .

Reactions: Shari
It's like we say about Lizard (oops, I mean Tourist) season here on ole Cape Cod; Summer people and some aren't.

Usually fast forward through a post if its going ego or arrogant . Never "button" anyone. Even the most ignorant occasionally have something intelligent to say. My tolerance has probably been built dealing with 10's of thousands of wood burners (50% or more of installs I see are redneck slammers) over a 26 year career in firewood and HVAC parts sales. Whew , doesn't seem that long !

Usually fast forward through a post if its going ego or arrogant . Never "button" anyone. Even the most ignorant occasionally have something intelligent to say.

You never mind us ignorant people, we have the capacity to learn.:p Arrogant people are stuck that way and can't be fixed.

If some keyboard cowboy upsets you enough to have to have them 'blocked' .....well.....you might as well just give up your man card immediately and permanently.

I've done this ;)

Reactions: BrotherBart
It's hard when you're trying to explain to some one what "must be to succeed" and they don't listen, just keep carrying on with their opinions, and they are new to burning for a year or so, and post that they can't get their stove up to decent temps, etc.

Kinda like the debate over if pine is worth the effort or not, it'll never change.

Some times I read for the amusement factor, well usually I read for the amusement factor, then just SMH, and move on, or PM Hogs, and we commiserate :p

I try not to be "that guy," but sometimes it just can't be avoided- I LOVE my Stove! ::-) ;lol

"Why I Love My Stove" makes a good thread title. "My stove is the answer to everybody's question." isn't a good thread response. ;lol

I try not to be "that guy," but sometimes it just can't be avoided- I LOVE my Stove! ::-) ;lol

We are in a fairly unique spot with this site.

For example, if you have questions about your ( pick any automotive brand name) or are considering buying one, you can find a forum dedicated to certain models of that brand, not just that brand in general or even automobiles in general. Most forums are much more specific than what we have here.

With this site, we are dedicated to helping people burn well and safely, not just specializing in one brand, or type of burning equipment. To me, this is a good thing, and is as it should be considering the nature of what it takes to burn well and safely often applies in general terms to any make/model of stove.

When that idea gets muddled by people who continually push a certain brand of stove, especially when they do not have much or any burning experience with other stoves or setups, it gets old in a hurry.

It is this sort of brand specific rhetoric that is, by and large, not helpful to the overall goal of assisting people with good burning practices and advice that suits their needs.

pen

Last edited:
Well stated Pen ... well stated.

Now that we've got that all cleared up .... can you please remove Kardashians from my news feeds :mad::mad::mad::mad:;lol

Now that we've got that all cleared up .... can you please remove Kardashians from my news feeds :mad::mad::mad::mad:;lol
Warning!! - If you do that the void may be so immense that it will break the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.