Pert near burned down my estate..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lloyd the redneck

Feeling the Heat
Dec 6, 2016
Western mn
Scored a project ranger a week ago , 100$! Needed a transmission. Yeah no big deal. So I'm working away got it almost out and being the person I am I refused to take out the down pipes, so I fought and fought the tranny. No luck. So I figured well the body is holding me up so I started heating up the body mounts and had the wife watching for fires, Tranny fluid everywhere and wood not far away. Well I guess the carpet started on fire in the cab and by the time anyone realized what had happened the windshield melted and flames were touching my cieling. Chip board to boot. So after a big adrenaline burst her and I got it pushed out side just in time. Thank god. Chalk it up to carelessness and being flustered and in a hurry I guess. I count my lucky stars all I lost was the truck. And I guess that was the plan all along somebody didn't want that thing fixed. So a buddy and I pulled the motor and some parts the rest is off to another buddy to hit the derby circuit this summer. 9641309b41c3d7b370fad02823131657.jpga660ec9e2cd3bf873d8fa7eb0717043e.jpge8d8d586c68e694bb8559918e3b91036.jpg

Sucks but certainly could've been worse. Good thing it wasn't on jack stands and you could roll it.

No doubt. And by the grace of God when I pushed it in it had a flat tire and I thought shoot I should fix that before I start so I have some more room to work underneath.

Glad to hear things were not worse and you got the thing out of there just in time!!

No doubt. And by the grace of God when I pushed it in it had a flat tire and I thought shoot I should fix that before I start so I have some more room to work underneath.
Awfully glad you only damaged the $100 truck.

And now I'm gonna be gun shy with my favorite tool. The torch. And even better now just this evening I peddled the truck for 200. And kept the motor

Glad you could roll it out. Reminds me of 20 years ago. Mowed the place, zipped into the garage on the garden tractor, shut it off and came in out of the heat. I will never know why I got up and went back in the attached garage but I did. To be greeted by flames pouring out from under the hood of the garden tractor. Right next to my Blazer. Pushed it out and hit it with the extinguisher.

A mouse had built a nest on top of the exhaust manifold and the breeze while I was mowing fast kept it from igniting until I shut down in the garage. Would have lost the whole house.

Knees got weak and had to sit down for awhile.

Glad to hear you were able to get things under control . Not a total write-off as you were able to salvage the engine and parts for future use ...

Reactions: Lloyd the redneck
Glad you could roll it out. Reminds me of 20 years ago. Mowed the place, zipped into the garage on the garden tractor, shut it off and came in out of the heat. I will never know why I got up and went back in the attached garage but I did. To be greeted by flames pouring out from under the hood of the garden tractor. Right next to my Blazer. Pushed it out and hit it with the extinguisher.

A mouse had built a nest on top of the exhaust manifold and the breeze while I was mowing fast kept it from igniting until I shut down in the garage. Would have lost the whole house.

Knees got weak and had to sit down for awhile.
If I have the time, I leave my power equipment outside after using it...till it cools. I think its a good precaution. They aren't built like rocket ships and they are constantly getting coated in oil, gas and flammable debris.