Pex al Pex - Ok for burial?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

headrc

Mar 28, 2008
MidEast Tennessee
Hi all ...since currently my plan is to use Pex Al Pex for my system install ...and it includes an OWB ...the issue comes to mind of burying insulated Pex Al Pex in the ground. Is this a problem? I want to use the the same pipe throughout my system for consistency as well as for cost effectiveness because I have to purchase a certain quantity of Pex Al Pex. My plan is to use some advice given on this forum previously of insulating the pipe using the liquid foam insulation in a trench. I have a found a local company that will do that ....and I will also be having them condition my crawlspace under the house where I will putting an Ultra Fin radiant system. As always I appreciate any input on this topic. RH

I don't see why you couldn't..... It's just that P-A-P is kinda spendy for burrying underground......

Status
Not open for further replies.