How to insulate indoor pex tubing from boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 10, 2022
WV
Just got a CB Maxim installed and I'm starting to fine tune the plumbing to preserve as much heat loss as possible. I have 130ft of thermopex going to the house. I'm wanting to put some insulation around the pex tubing inside my basement and in part of a crawl space. Can I use the black foam pipe insulation or do I need to use the tubular fiberglass? Wondering if the former is rated for heated applications.

I used the black pipe insulation in my heated basement but I have about a hundred feet of pex in my unheated pole shed that I built a wooden chase put two inch pink foam board in the bottom then the pex and then spray foamed the pex.

Reactions: BansheeTwin350