Pferd

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good to know. I do my best out there to keep the chain out of the ground however as you know, we grow granite here in NH so there's always that accidental *&#^#% moment that can happen.
This happened to me a week ago on my last sharp chain. Ledge and granite hide everywhere. I've found some embedded into bark.

Good to know. I do my best out there to keep the chain out of the ground however as you know, we grow granite here in NH so there's always that accidental *&#^#% moment that can happen.
Yeah it’s tough to keep the chain real clean,

This happened to me a week ago on my last sharp chain. Ledge and granite hide everywhere. I've found some embedded into bark.
The weirdest thing I’ve seen was someone must have nailed an old canvas to a tree and then left, so the tree grew around it. I popped the log open on a splitter and found two rusty nails and some grayish fabric inside, very strange

Reactions: SpaceBus
The weirdest thing I’ve seen was someone must have nailed an old canvas to a tree and then left, so the tree grew around it. I popped the log open on a splitter and found two rusty nails and some grayish fabric inside, very strange

Wow, trees can do some pretty amazing things.

I hit a hunk of chain or fence buried in a tree for a neighbor. Can't prepare for that. Dulled my chain in an instant. Dialed it back in and got back to work. Good sharpener.