Piazzetta Sabrina auger issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ski603

Nov 25, 2020
New Hampshire
I recently purchased a house that has a Piazzetta Sabrina. I haven't seen the stove work but the previous owner said it was having feeding issues and the auger motor needed replacing. I started with the cold function test to test each motor individually. I found both the auger motor and exhaust fan not functioning. After replacing the auger motor and clearing the feed chute that was packed full of pellets the motor still will not operate. I measured the voltage to the motor and found it only getting 57V. Next I replaced the control board. Now I'm only getting 50V to the motor. Does anyone have any input on this or suggestions on what the issue may be? The cost of parts darts is adding up fast.

Thank you for any input.

Do you have a manual?
If not search for one.
Possible pressure switch malfunction
I am not versed in your stove so not much help.
Test everything before throwing parts at it!!

Do you have a manual?
If not search for one.
Possible pressure switch malfunction
I am not versed in your stove so not much help.
Test everything before throwing parts at it!!
I do have the manual, it's been helpful to a point but not as in depth as I've gotten. I bypassed the pressure switch and the auger motor does function now. However when I do the cold test to test each individual motor/function the exhaust fan and auger are actuated when only calling for the auger. I ordered a new pressure switch and we'll see where that leads.

the hopper switch, the Pressure switch and the Auger motor are wire together I would By-pass the hopper Switch for test, then check if the Pressure switch could be faulty

I do have the manual, it's been helpful to a point but not as in depth as I've gotten. I bypassed the pressure switch and the auger motor does function now. However when I do the cold test to test each individual motor/function the exhaust fan and auger are actuated when only calling for the auger. I ordered a new pressure switch and we'll see where that leads.
the auger motor can be connected to 110-120v directly if it turns, then test the pressure switch 50... volt looks like a bad ground! look for the fuse in the black tube if it makes good contact if so, probably you will need to change the board.