Picked up a pallet of RedStone logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bmwloco

Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2008
Asheville NC
Been burning Envi logs for years. Unfortunately, the source dried up here in Western NC. Tractor Supply has Redstone logs in 3 packs or 6 packs, like Envi logs.

I did a 48 hour burn in my Vermont Castings Resolute last winter with the Redstone logs. No difference, appreciably, from the beloved Envi Logs.

So, today I picked up a pallet, 96 "packs" or 576 logs. My old Dodge D100 Sweptline handled it like a pro.

Viv hauling.jpg

Attachments

• Viv hauling.jpg
    Viv hauling.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 304
I know this is an old thread - found it because I searched on 'Redstone fire bricks'. Just bought some today at Tractor Supply Corp. to see how they do with along with wood, or by themselves. I too love that truck, and being used accordingly. I wonder if it has the 225 slant 6? My first truck was a 1980 D100 with that engine and a 4 speed manual transmission.

I plan to buy a pallet of those next year to supplement cordwood in my new VC Intrepid flexburn. They did well in my existing Encore so I suspect they should do well in the Intrepid.

I had my truck when I went to TSC, so I could have bought a pallet. The pallet cost was $3.68 per 3 pack as opposed to $3.99. Not a great deal since I'm almost sure I've seen them at $3.49 before. I also would consider it to be a supplement to the wood. The one brick I put in burned well, (still had a bit of wood in the stove) the room got to 73 degrees which is warmer than I need it.

I had my truck when I went to TSC, so I could have bought a pallet. The pallet cost was $3.68 per 3 pack as opposed to $3.99. Not a great deal since I'm almost sure I've seen them at $3.49 before. I also would consider it to be a supplement to the wood. The one brick I put in burned well, (still had a bit of wood in the stove) the room got to 73 degrees which is warmer than I need it.

Interesting . They are 3 packs for $10 here in Maine, no tax on them either. I like both versions they sell but the enviro logs are less messy and do not expand in the fire box as much as the redstone ones do.

They would not sell me a pallet due to the high demand this year, and limited it to 10 packs per person.

What did the pallet cost of you don't mind me asking?

Been burning Envi logs for years. Unfortunately, the source dried up here in Western NC. Tractor Supply has Redstone logs in 3 packs or 6 packs, like Envi logs.

I did a 48 hour burn in my Vermont Castings Resolute last winter with the Redstone logs. No difference, appreciably, from the beloved Envi Logs.

So, today I picked up a pallet, 96 "packs" or 576 logs. My old Dodge D100 Sweptline handled it like a pro.

View attachment 232001

My grandfather had a D100. Same color . Not sure what year. I'll just toss 1969 out there but I'm not sure. Maybe earlier. Still have the racks for it in the rafters of the garage. They were painted the same color.

Interesting . They are 3 packs for $10 here in Maine, no tax on them either. I like both versions they sell but the enviro logs are less messy and do not expand in the fire box as much as the redstone ones do.

They would not sell me a pallet due to the high demand this year, and limited it to 10 packs per person.

What did the pallet cost of you don't mind me asking?

I didn't buy a pallet, bought 7 3-packs. I realized today when checking the receipt I also got 3 of the 7 for $10 - and surprisingly no tax either. I wonder why that is? I assumed you weren't taxed due to different laws/policies in Maine. I don't recall seeing a sign indicating the discount for 3, otherwise I would have bought 10. The only sign I saw was a hand written one indicating the cost per 3=pack at I think $3.68 each if bought in a pallet, but that can't be right based on the 3 for $10 discount.

They're ok I guess, would much rather be burning split wood, but what I have on hand is < a year old.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
That poor truck! A pallet of compressed wood products usually weighs 2000 lbs, or a ton. That Sweptline is a half ton payload truck, at best.

Had a D100 76' I believe that I had to drive for a company vehicle. It would sag like that if you dropped a turd in the bed.