Got some Redstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
I stopped at tractor supply and while I was there I picked up 1 pack of Redstone bricks. I have not burned them before. I wanted to try them. How much will 1 log heat, what is the burn time for 1 log. I think it will be fun to try something different.. When I ask how much will 1 log heat will 1 log = say 3 or 4 medium logs..

I stopped at tractor supply and while I was there I picked up 1 pack of Redstone bricks. I have not burned them before. I wanted to try them. How much will 1 log heat, what is the burn time for 1 log. I think it will be fun to try something different.. When I ask how much will 1 log heat will 1 log = say 3 or 4 medium logs..
I'd use them when I wanted the fire to last just a bit longer or as part of starting a medium/small blaze. I was using up a bunch I had bought on sale as an experimental try - kind of like you. They're low moisture, so they'd probably heat a tiny bit more than a log the same weight as the redstone brick. Nothing magical, just convenient (and a bit saw dusty). To be honest, I'd rather burn 2 pounds of oak than 2 pounds of the bricks.

A friend who never fully loads her stove, really liked having one beneath her pile of kindling to start the day's fire.

You’re going to want to burn more than one at a time. Just like firewood. This is not a wax presto log where you burn just one with a candle effect.

I use to keep a couple packs of those as emergency (i'm sick with the flu wood) There ok to burn, usually the 3 pack all goes in at once and I'll get 8hrs or burn out of it.
No need to buy anymore as I'm well stocked, but there def is a market for them if you dont have dry wood, or you do have enough wood and want to mix in. Best time to buy them is black Friday when on sale, one ton is about 1.25 cords of mixed hardwoods.