Picked up my Englander 30 NC tonight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sly22guy

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster,PA
Well i finally got my Englander 30NC tonight. gona un pack and work on setting it up tomarrow. Hopefully all goes well.

I was double checking my clearence a lil while ago and looks like i might have to move my chimney back a lil bit.

the distance from the top of the stove to the first floor is about 4.5ft. so im considering doing double wall with 2 45's off the flue. then it will be a straight shot up through the roof.

Has anyone run double wall the full length? I know it will be some added expense but it would save me from cutting a floor joist and boxing and reinforcing.

Guess it just depends if the stove store has the pipe i need.

Would it be possible to not cut and box the joists, but instead put an offset in the connector pipe? The stove is connected with single or double-wall connector pipe. It can't be connected directly with class A pipe. It'll need a ceiling support box then can be completed with class A pipe through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.