Picking up my Nova 2 next week. This will be my review thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How are you doing with learning to get longer burn times and more control over the heat output? Have you resolved the smoke roll out issues?
I’m struggling with the burn times currently.

I removed my chimney cap. Selkirk is sending me a less restrictive cap to try. I almost quit last night trying to start a fire I had a bad downdraft coming in so I need a cap I guess. I can add 3’ to my chimney. It’s almost no smoke rollout with no cap and a good established draft. Active flame or not. Actually it drafts harder with active flame so it’s almost less Smokey. Unless the flames are licking completely out the door.

Stove runs hot. Average of the last T in engage catalyst.

14DFFC57-7473-4D60-91E6-57F6CCD92E61.jpeg 2CD2B707-434B-43BE-805E-B83869E57AA1.jpeg

You'll notice anyone who has bought these stoves has excessive smoke rollout issues. I'm a new owner of the Nova 2 as well. I'll be posting my review shortly.