Pics of todays load and last weeks scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
The wood to the left of the blue tarp is what I cut,split,and stacked today. It is 2 rows deep and my shoulder sure is feelin the SS axe. The wood came from an ash that fell a year or so ago and is about 50 yards up the hill from the wood that is in the road. The hackberry rounds are what I scrounged from work last week and haven't cut them down or split any yet. Figured I would do them in the evenings.

Rob

Attachments

• 2010_0410Image0044.jpg
    2010_0410Image0044.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 2010_0410Image0015.jpg
    2010_0410Image0015.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 291
Looks like you had a good work out, keep it up it will be worth it.

Nice job! What kind of ash? I've never seen ash with a dark heartwood like that.

Let me rephrase by saying that probably 80% is green ash and the rest is, I believe, oak with about a dozen pieces of buckeye that got thrown in by mistake.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.