Pictures of Pellet Stoves Installed Here.....New Post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I finally received my digital camera and figured out how to use it. Yeah, the 5 stars on the review for ease-of-use assumes your not an idiot.

I should have shot it with a better flame but right now it had reached temp and was in a low burn.

StoveFullView.JPG

Big E in the living room and basement

Attachments

• living-room1.jpg
    living-room1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 998
  • living-room-outside2.jpg
    living-room-outside2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 979
  • cellar1.jpg
    cellar1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,011
  • cellar-outside3.jpg
    cellar-outside3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 999
Nice !!!....They ought to keep that house toastie.....

Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

• xxx_mine.jpg
    xxx_mine.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 963
Is the top of the hopper glass?

Codebum has inspired me. I'm giving this picture thing one more try. If it works you will see the unfinished hearth that needs the trim finished as well as the rear walls which will be done in wood panels. I was going to wait till it was completely finished before posting, but what the hey, haven't touched the project in weeks, just enjoying the darn thing running.

Attachments

• DSC05172.JPG
    DSC05172.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 915
Treehack, In your 4th pic how far is the vent cap away from the siding?

bungalobob:
Codebum has inspired me.
LOL - I guess I am good for something.

BTW...your setup looks really nice. I like your pellet storage bin. (I guess thats what you have it.)

codebum said:
bungalobob:
Codebum has inspired me.
LOL - I guess I am good for something.

BTW...your setup looks really nice. I like your pellet storage bin. (I guess thats what you have it.)
Yeah we keep the pellets in there from the bottom of the bags. That's how the wife puts them in when I am not around. I put the last couple of pounds from the pellet bags in there to cut down on the fines. They settle to the bottom. Never had a fine problem yet, but why chance it. Its called a Copper Boiler, got in on EBAY. Saw a few of them on pictures here, it was about $75. Does the job nicely.

Raven20 said:
Treehack, In your 4th pic how far is the vent cap away from the siding?

About 2-3 feet

my mt vernon

Attachments

• 2008_1011Image0005 (Medium).JPG
    2008_1011Image0005 (Medium).JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 867
  • 2009_0109Image0096.JPG
    2009_0109Image0096.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 875
Ok i will post my personal stove
omegared.jpg

Omega 60,000 btu
heating 1900 sq feet from the very end of the house to the other.
3 tons per year
On and off thermostat

hearthtools said:
Ok i will post my personal stove
omegared.jpg

Rod,

Where's the fire? Nice stove.

this thing puts out so much heat it only runs 40% of the time
omegaoutwall2.jpg

So easy to work on a 3 year old can do it.
IMG_7954omega.jpg

Here is my first-season Englander 25-PDVC. It's installed where we had our trusty Selkirk Vagabond woodstove, for over 20 years. I had to fabricate my own transition/reducer fitting from a 6" length of pellet pipe and a standard 7" block-off screw-in plate into the Selkirk chimney. I think I'll be fine, but if anyone can point out potential problems with this setup, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

I added brass trim pieces to the top and bottom of the door, cut from an old family hierloom fireplace screen, like the one pictured currently on EBay. It was too easy, as the brass channel was a snap fit onto the door. I used high temp Dow-Corning 735 red silicone to hold it on the top, and 2 short pop-rivets on the bottom. The little brass buttons were relocated to the ends on the top.

I can't say enough about how great the stove has been, so far. It's -5 F (-21 C) tonight, and running on 3 3 is plenty warm for our small house. We use about a bag a day, often less if I shut down for mid-afternoon, and always off midnite to 6:00AM or so. It usually runs on the lowest settings, never had it above 5 5.

Attachments

• 100_1329.jpg
    100_1329.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 804
  • 100_1332.jpg
    100_1332.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 785
  • 100_100.jpg.JPG
    100_100.jpg.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 790
Rod pellet stove install is nice but is that a gas line hanging by the pipe?

Scoop said:
My USSC 6039HF----The thinking man (woman 's) stove. Burn half corn half pellets. Heats the finished basement in a 2,300 square foot bungalow in Southern Ontario

Birdies008.jpg
Stove005.jpg

Scoop,

Nice looking stove ! Who makes it?

I like your stove scoop, heres my insert

Attachments

• stove.jpeg.JPG
    stove.jpeg.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 805
Here's my set up, located in family room. Heats family room, hallway to kitchen, pantry, mud room, upstairs office and master bedroom.

P1010027.jpg

Thanks, built it when I converted the garage into a family room. Originaly built it for a Glenwood cook stove, that is stored away for the winter.
The cook stove couldn't keep up with the cold winters in NH without feeding it every 15 minutes. Converted it to Propane but it still wouldn't heat the area. Next installed a propane Monitor heater, and then the price of gas price went through the roof.

We bought the pellet stove in October and love it. Should have the stove and pellet expense break even by next winter. Haven't been this warm in years!

Here is mine. . .

Attachments

• Stove 009a1.jpg
    Stove 009a1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,028
stoveguy13 said:
Rod pellet stove install is nice but is that a gas line hanging by the pipe?
I changed my propain tank and regulator.
I just hung the old one up there to get it out of my way
not there now.

Here is ours. Can't say I installed it myself...

Only question now is whether I'll be able to maneuver the tight space behind it to do my own vent cleaning, etc.

Would have gotten an insert, but the hearth was just too large an opening.

Loving it so far.

-beez

Attachments

• Christmas is Here 162.jpg
    Christmas is Here 162.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 986
Status
Not open for further replies.