PL Vent Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJitters

Hearth Supporter
Jun 10, 2008
Vermont
I want to install my Harman P68A in the lower level of my house which is below grade. In order to get the vent outside and above grade I will need to use 3 elbows (one will be the cleanout T) Should I upgrade to 4" or is 3" OK. BTW, the total run of pipe will be approx 9 feet, 10 tops. The P68 manual says to keep elbows to a minimum but offers no further info. Thanx

if it were one of my stoves you would be ok with 3 inch unless above 4K ft above sea level , so i would say you could stay with 3 inch , anyone out there who knows harman, and im wrong , please correct me.

Thanx Stoveguy for the prompt reply. I was hoping to be able to use 3"

Read the manual, it should have an equivilant feet table and a chart suggesting when you should switch to 4".

I would use 4". Your EVL is over 15 and this might cause a problem. It will save you money to use a 4" right off the bat then to have to change out a 3".

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
I would use 4". Your EVL is over 15 and this might cause a problem. It will save you money to use a 4" right off the bat then to have to change out a 3".

Eric

Thanx Eric. I have talked to some people today and the general consensus agrees with you. I am now activley shopping for 4" PL. Sorry if this question has been covered on this site before but if anyone has a hot tip on the best price on 4" I would appreciate it. I am just a newbie full of questions. :)

MrJitters said:
Thanx Eric. I have talked to some people today and the general consensus agrees with you. I am now activley shopping for 4" PL. Sorry if this question has been covered on this site before but if anyone has a hot tip on the best price on 4" I would appreciate it. I am just a newbie full of questions. :)
Check with Eric. He's got about the best price I've been able to sniff out and he's one of us too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.