Planning the Pex layout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PNWguy

Dec 30, 2017
SouthWestern Oregon
I hope this is the right spot to ask. Sorry if it's not - I searched first.

I'm going to be laying down the pex in the next month or two, and am wondering about options for designing the layout and manifold placement. The places that sell Pex are more than happy to sell me the plans, but I'm wondering how good they are, and how difficult doing the layout is.

Any resources to recommend?

There’s a little more than meets the eye to pex layout, I found the manufactures to offer heat loss analysis, provide many substrate variations, tube sizing ,flow requirements and design temp for free. However you will pay for a custom layout, I think Viega charged me 250$.
Honestly for that it took all the guess work out of the equation, we’ll worth it in my opinion.