Platinum pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Looking ahead for stockpile ideas for next season. My local dealer just got these in for 350 for 1.2 ton (may be going down in price for pre buy) they are made by okanagan I think? Has anyone had luck with these. Any info would be helpful.

I have been looking for fireside platinum
It is on the home depot site 269.00 but my area never has them. not sure about the ones you are looking for
shopping

I tried them once ago, and they're similar to NEWP, but more expensive.
If that's the case I'll pass. I used green garbage supreme as my first ton this year (first year with stove) and will never burn them again. Anything that burns similar to them I will pass on

They are not made by Okanagan. Check out the pellet forum page and you will discover that they are just run of the mill pellets.

I have been looking for fireside platinum
It is on the home depot site 269.00 but my area never has them. not sure about the ones you are looking for
shopping
Never tried those are they any good I have seen mixed reviews on the ultras so never tried them

They are not made by Okanagan. Check out the pellet forum page and you will discover that they are just run of the mill pellets.
Thanks for the info can't find the link may not be looking in the right place for it

Never tried those are they any good I have seen mixed reviews on the ultras so never tried them
I don't know never got them. My local HD had them but when I got there they were gone
The ultras have always had good heat but you never know about the ash it differs from batch to batch. Last year three good tons then wow what is this. this year the same But always good heat for the price

I don't know never got them. My local HD had them but when I got there they were gone
The ultras have always had good heat but you never know about the ash it differs from batch to batch. Last year three good tons then wow what is this. this year the same But always good heat for the price
Trying to research who makes them and I can't find the info.

I think they are made by Energex who makes Fireside Ultra which is a blend. These platinums are all softwood. Just an average pellet, not much different from their blended FSU.

Reactions: JRA
I think they are made by Energex who makes Fireside Ultra which is a blend. These platinums are all softwood. Just an average pellet, not much different from their blended FSU.
Thanks
So I shouldn't bust my tail trying to find them to try. Their claim was a higher BTU and a lower ash than there blend

Thanks I think my stockpile for next year will be 1.2 tons of la crete for nov/Dec then 2 tons of a df either blazer or okanagan whichever is cheaper.

Everybody claims their pellets are higher BTU and lower ash. Every pellet is a Premium pellet also.

Thanks I think my stockpile for next year will be 1.2 tons of la crete for nov/Dec then 2 tons of a df either blazer or okanagan whichever is cheaper.
Now that makes perfect sense. LaCretes are a superior pellet as is Blazers and Okie Platinums. I slightly prefer the Okie Platinums and Blazers over the LaCretes.

Everybody claims their pellets are higher BTU and lower ash. Every pellet is a Premium pellet also.
How are blazers working for you finally two local dealers have them in my area and wondering if they are as good as the okanagan df

I love the Blazers DF, which I bought from HD last October for $219 per ton. I never could bring myself to pay for $365 for Okie DF, so I cannot offer an opinion. But the Blazers DF are truly HOT and practically no ash, no bullshit. I also love the Okie Platinums.

Great to know I tried 7 bags of the okie df and really liked them for thier low ash and high heat, but yes they are 360 a ton in my area my dealer said maybe 349 for prebuy which is still high.
Blazers are also 349 not sure if they are offering a prebuy from my other dealer because he just got these in. Charging 8 bucks a bag for them now which is very high considering when I tried the seven bags of okie df they were 7.50 per bag.

I can prebuy Okie Platinums from my dealer for $306 a ton delivered. That is the best deal. Unless Blazers show up at HD again which is highly unlikely.

I can prebuy Okie Platinums from my dealer for $306 a ton delivered. That is the best deal. Unless Blazers show up at HD again which is highly unlikely.
Okie platinums are 324 where I am plus 70 flat rate delivery. Looks like you are in a good location. Mass prices are high, wood pellets.com actually has clean fire firs for 424 a ton (says they sold out), not sure how with that price. I would rather go back to straight oil then pay that much, as it is I am looking at an average of 360 per ton for three tons of any decent pellet including delivery

Looking ahead for stockpile ideas for next season. My local dealer just got these in for 350 for 1.2 ton (may be going down in price for pre buy) they are made by okanagan I think? Has anyone had luck with these. Any info would be helpful.

Everyone is talking about these pellets as the "Fireside" Platinum...
It may be what he is talking about.... but he mentioned "Platinums" in his OP..

There is a very good pellet out there called "Platinum".
They come from British Columbia (like Okie, and La Crete) and burn quite well....
A spruce-fir-pine (heavy on the pine) product.

Dan

images

Reactions: JRA
Everyone is talking about these pellets as the "Fireside" Platinum...
It may be what he is talking about.... but he mentioned "Platinums" in his OP..

There is a very good pellet out there called "Platinum".
They come from British Columbia (like Okie, and La Crete) and burn quite well....
A spruce-fir-pine (heavy on the pine) product.

Dan

images
These are exactly what I am talking about. I was wondering g if anyone burned these and liked them

I burned them and I liked them. Low ash and nice heat.

In my area they are 329 a ton pick up right now. Was told they might be perhaps 299.00 per ton for early buy. In this area that is a decent price - not great but decent for a good pellet from a small shop.

I'm waiting for the francium pellets.

Are 'platnium pellets' related to 'Titanium Ford' cars?...........::P

Maybe they contain that rare element... unobtanium...... I think thats what is in Ford 'titanium' cars.....

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Status
Not open for further replies.