Please help, about firewood & chainsaws???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Grab the 441 m-tron. You will never regret buying it. Later, you may regret buying something less.

That is odd.......

I need at least 5 Pro sales to cut 3-5 cord a year!! ;)

Once CAD takes over, there is little you can do.... ;lol

Tell me about it...... ;em

Reactions: DexterDay
Hi Mike, I just purchased a new MS261 with an 18' bar, Have cut about 1 1/2 cord so far (hard woods) and what a saw, My dealer talked me out of the bigger 362 and Im glad he did, the 261 will run a 20" no problem I feel also.
The weight of the saw will not work you over either, I could not be happier for a 3 to 4 cord a year + hobby saw.
I spend ALOT MORE time loading now than cutting, I think you would be overly impressed with the 362, I can say it would be over kill for me now that I have used the 261. Good job Stihl, weight to power is awesome on this one.
Im all about saving a buck but all said an done now Im glad I did buy new.

Todd

My SRW 1 ton is rated to carry 3700lbs payload. That means with my rear end in the seat and minimal gear, 3500lbs in the bed. (That's pretty much on par with a newer 3/4 ton truck these days) Let's just say that's real conservative considering I have had an easy 1/2 cord of dripping green Oak in the bed and the truck rides and handles better than it does empty. And appearance wise it sits perfectly level, about 2-3 inches down from the empty ride height.

There's a tad more than 1/2 cord on these loads..... heh, heh, heh. >>

Big truck loaded.JPG DSC04151.JPG

First load is Oak, second is Cherry. Both were fresh cut and strapped in for the ride. This is the absolute maximum I'd want on that truck. With the oak especially, the brakes were clearly the limiting factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.