Please Help! Enviro /Regency Liberty/Lopi Radiant Plus???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stessa

Jan 23, 2019
?
My pellet insert has just died and it is the main source of heat for my home so I'm urgently looking for a new gas insert to be installed ASAP and don't have much time to research and compare!

We have a very small opening (only 26" wide) for the insert so my options are minimal and have come down two three brands:

Enviro E320 - $5300, 23000 BTU, 81% Efficiency, heating capacity 1200 sq ft
Regency Liberty L234 - $5000, 23500 BTU, 74% efficiency, heating capacity unknown
Lopi Radiant Plus small - $4700, 19000 BTU, 79.5% efficiency, heating capacity 950 sq ft

Any feedback on any of these brands or specific units would be very helpful!

(Our house is a small side split, approx. 1200 sq ft (less if you don't include the entryway which we struggle to heat bc it's lower than where the fireplace sits), no other heating source on main level which is open concept, electric baseboard heaters in the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and in the basement, and we live in Ontario where temperatures go down to -30 Celsius in the winter)

Are you so cramped for space that a stove is not an option ? It seems that fireplaces are typically double the price or more and less efficient at heating because of being built in. And a stove can probably be installed faster. You may just need a block off plate made to trim out the fireplace opening ???

Are you so cramped for space that a stove is not an option ? It seems that fireplaces are typically double the price or more and less efficient at heating because of being built in. And a stove can probably be installed faster. You may just need a block off plate made to trim out the fireplace opening ???

Thanks for replying! Do you mean a wood burning stove? We always planned to get rid of the pellet stove and go to propane just because it's so much easier to deal with (this just moved up our timeline) so a wood burning stove is definitely out of the question. Not just for having to deal with chopping and lighting but also because we have very young children so we wanted something super safe. Also we have a very small house and the main level barely fits our furniture not to mention all the kids toys lol and then of course a baby gate in front of the fireplace so space is definitely at a premium for us! Thank you so much for the idea though - I'd love a wood burning stove if our circumstances were different!

A gas stove , free standing. As opposed to a built in fireplace. Many options available, go and take a look at your local stove shop. Much less expensive and work better, especially without a fan.
Jotul, Morso, VC, Vermont soapstone, Hearthstone, all the usual suspects.

My pellet insert has just died and it is the main source of heat for my home so I'm urgently looking for a new gas insert to be installed ASAP and don't have much time to research and compare!

We have a very small opening (only 26" wide) for the insert so my options are minimal and have come down two three brands:

Enviro E320 - $5300, 23000 BTU, 81% Efficiency, heating capacity 1200 sq ft
Regency Liberty L234 - $5000, 23500 BTU, 74% efficiency, heating capacity unknown
Lopi Radiant Plus small - $4700, 19000 BTU, 79.5% efficiency, heating capacity 950 sq ft

Any feedback on any of these brands or specific units would be very helpful!

(Our house is a small side split, approx. 1200 sq ft (less if you don't include the entryway which we struggle to heat bc it's lower than where the fireplace sits), no other heating source on main level which is open concept, electric baseboard heaters in the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and in the basement, and we live in Ontario where temperatures go down to -30 Celsius in the winter)
Hi Stessa, what did you end up choosing? I have the same issue and looking at Lopi Radiant Plus Small, it's the only one I can find here to fit that size.