Please help me decide between these 3 Englanders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, it's settled. I'm picking up the Spectrum Classic on my way up to the camp on Easter Tuesday. The owner said he'd help me load it into my minivan and it's hardly out of my way. Thanks a million to all for your advice -- I never would have ended up with a great stove without it!

SpectrumClassicStove.jpg

Awesome! I think that'll look great. Congrats on the great find.

I would go with the larger NC13 instead of a smaller stove. Box size is correlated to burn time, and a longer burn time is very nice. For a cabin it probably isn't a big deal to have to reload once per night when the weather is cold and you need a hot fire all night, but I wouldn't want to go with the 17 and end up having to reload twice.

My stove has no ash pan. To empty the ash I use one of those black metal fireplace shovels you see for sale everywhere stove stuff is sold. It really isn't difficult, and with a little practice you can learn to empty the ashes while getting little or no ash in the air and in the room. For a cabin where you might let the ash go cold before you empty the stove, it will be even easier to empty (cold ashes don't get into the air neraly as much as hot ashes). So, I think an ash pan is not necessary.

Congratulation crcurrie, that is the steal of the decade. You're going to be a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.