Please help, what is this scary noise my new P68 made?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nh-jjyy

Dec 2, 2022
nh
Hi guys,

After doing my research I decided to buy Harman as my first pellet stove. So I got a brand new Harman P68 from a dealer this week and had someone installed for me this weekend.

And finally, it is my first day to use this stove. At first, I don't know how to start this stove...... then somehow it turned on in a few minutes after I followed the manual.

then an hour later, the stove starts to make scary noise....... and I am too scared to use it any more..... the scary noise is just like using a saw or some kind of cutting metal thing

can anyone tell me what is wrong with my brand new stove? the store is closed right now and I have to wait until tomorrow to call them......

Attachments

• HarmanP68runningnoise.mp3
    258 KB
  • harmanP68Scarynoise.mp3
    138.7 KB
First off, the installer should have gone over how to run the stove with you.

Woa, that sound isn't right. Mt Bob is right. Sorry you are having a bad experience right off the bat!

No that is not normal..!! Post what the problem was and the fix from the dealer..

Last edited:
great that you were able to send the sound wave..
deff a fan blade is rubbing.. either the exhaust or the distribution fan that blows heat out..
you need to get back to who u bought it from...
not up to you to fix a brand new stove problem.....
keep us posted.....

One of the fans is rubbing on something.
you are like genius,

I went to the store and one store associate told me it must be the fan.... either it is factory defect or some loose screws stuck there.

And they dont recommend me to fix it myself ,or I will lose the warranty so I have to wait until next week to have them serviced

First off, the installer should have gone over how to run the stove with you.

Woa, that sound isn't right. Mt Bob is right. Sorry you are having a bad experience right off the bat!
oh the installer said there's silicon glue something need to be cured in 24 hours before I can run the stove

great that you were able to send the sound wave..
deff a fan blade is rubbing.. either the exhaust or the distribution fan that blows heat out..
you need to get back to who u bought it from...
not up to you to fix a brand new stove problem.....
keep us posted.....
yeah I went to the store today and had a terrible experience with the owner, he asked me to find whoever installed the stove..... but another associate in the store stood out and told me the constant noise is the fun, either manufactory defect or some loose screws or something jammed there, and she scheduled an emergency service for me next week. I just dont understand emergency would take over 10days.......I honestly think they would come over to my place to fix it today or tomorrow since it is brand new stove..... but I will post next week,

yeah I went to the store today and had a terrible experience with the owner, he asked me to find whoever installed the stove..... but another associate in the store stood out and told me the constant noise is the fun, either manufactory defect or some loose screws or something jammed there, and she scheduled an emergency service for me next week. I just dont understand emergency would take over 10days.......I honestly think they would come over to my place to fix it today or tomorrow since it is brand new stove..... but I will post next week,
Unfortunately that is a reaction to them not being the installer.

Good news is it really shouldn't be a huge deal other than waiting 10 days for something you payed a lot of money for. Mistakes happen and it certainly isn't enjoyable when they happen to your new stove. It should be a great stove for you.

Unfortunately that is a reaction to them not being the installer.

Good news is it really shouldn't be a huge deal other than waiting 10 days for something you payed a lot of money for. Mistakes happen and it certainly isn't enjoyable when they happen to your new stove. It should be a great stove for you.
I would prefer them to install but they asked me to wait until Feb , said they are fully booked. I even offered to pay more but they said that 's not fair for the customers on the appointment list.

It is just the bad timing to buy a stove now and yesterday was the first snow in our area.... I am super disappointed at this stove now.....

Reactions: Shank
hi guys, I took the back metal plates out and found out the fan is falling, that's why it made crazy noise and we tighten the loosen screw and the crazy noise stopped and it worked as it is supposed to be, thank you all for your response and thank this forum!!!!!

hi guys, I took the back metal plates out and found out the fan is falling, that's why it made crazy noise and we tighten the loosen screw and the crazy noise stopped and it worked as it is supposed to be, thank you all for your response and thank this forum!!!!!

Glad you figured out the fix so you can enjoy the heat sooner than waiting for a service call.