please tell me what my tool is called?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
i would post he picture of it if I could find it rught now. So i will describe it.
Please picture a 'side walk scraper" now picture the blade say 3 to 4 inches wide instead of a 7 inch wide scrapper blade. and the hardwood handle say 14 to 18 inches long. thats my tool i really need it i used it so much in he lst few yrs to say slice weeds that were growing in the garden. especially on top of landscape fabric areas. im severally semi disabled now and can no longer kneel etc or say balance very well. have to use a cane etc and hold on to objects. cant use a shove l etc. bought a pillow to use on my rolling plastic garden plastic cartgarden

i missing and want several; of the above tool..please help. blessings to all thank you

This handle is a bit longer but with the D grip top I could see it being easier to hold in some situations.

Hoe was my first thought as well, except the blade is at a right angle to the handle and that wasn’t mentioned. I have seen weed cutters with a curved blade in line with the handle. An ice breaker might be what you’re thinking of too. For weeding I like a small fork over a hoe, but that’s just individual preference.

Easiest solution might be to keep the weeds from growing in the first place. Row plastic isn’t pretty, but works.

I found my tool.. Okay its a Razorback brand which found out THE company was swallowed up by Ames .I found something similar on their site but the handle.... ash prob , are way too long.
So company (Razorback) they prob stopped making it. Or someone cut down the length of the handle and rounded the end of wooden handle.so It prob the ICE SCRAPER now if I can find a phone number Ill call....
saw a scraper on Ebay but its like OVERRICED. $80 plus. but has a way too long handle
so will keep looking Blessings all

Reactions: clancey
Maybe an entrenching tool would work? The blade can fold to a hoe/pic or small shovel. They aren’t heavy and are handy. I keep one in my truck and use it for all sorts of things.

3E93E7CC-A999-4A13-AC6C-BCE843D535A0.png