plundered some booty today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyAndy

Feb 29, 2008
Chateaugay, NY
it all started with a ride through the woods on my father in laws land to have some fun in the mud, and we came upon 2 spots that were logged last winter. there were a whole bunch of 6 ish foot remnants there for the taking. got a 1/2 cord of pine and a 1/2 cord of mostly maple and some yellow birch.

theres probably another cord of pine, i may go get the rest... and maybe another cord and a half of maple, cherry and yellow birch.

pics, it did happen...
8117_103112593039629_100000226667337_84067_2541984_n.jpg

8117_103112569706298_100000226667337_84066_5269435_n.jpg

Compensates for the basswood, doesn't it ;-)

Nice score !!

I thought "Fun in the Mud" was a rap song. Or maybe Country. Oh hell, these days, what's the difference? %-P Rick

I just had to look at this thread. A booty call in the wood shed?

Ah, that kind of booty. Good haul.

chargeaccordingLEE said:
If you thought that basswood was bad wait till you burn that red pine!!!!!!!!!!

i like the pine for firestarting and warming up in the morning. right now i am using 2x4's for starting, but they will be gone by next year. i have a cord of pine for next year that i am going to split real small, like the size of 2x4. and not to mention all i had to do was haul them home... they were already cut to 4-7 ft lengths...

What's rap ????

is that when ya rap one split on another to see if they sound like bowling pins?? :lol:

Good score Andy...life's a breeze when you can combine business with pleasure.

Andy, you just keep on getting better and better.

Backwoods Savage said:
Andy, you just keep on getting better and better.

thanks! except when i make a mistake like thinking basswood is ash... but oh well, we will survive. i will just have to put a cot next to the furnace. the plus is that i'll be warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.