Pole Saw Recommendation !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Has anyone any experience of pole saws? I have lots of trees & large hawthorn bushes that need sorting out because they are encroaching into the fields of some land I just bought. It's so bad that years ago it would have been a shape saw job before we could get to the tree limbs with a telescopic and a chainsaw.

It's here my interested: TRIMMERPLUS PS720 POLE SAW

If you're a SUN JOE owner, would like to hear your experience with the extendable tree saws durability and how they compare to other pole saws you've tried.

Thanks for any replies.

you do realize that is just the saw no motor right?
I buy nothing but sthil now their is not a huge difference in price and actually cheaper sometimes depending on the sale. I have found every single dept store power item has failed as soon as the warantee is over.. Getting repairs on dept store items is painful in my area where the sthil dealer is 2 blocks away and i can get parts 6 days a week..

Unless you have a real use for a polesaw such as a landscaper etc I would get a non motorized version. Think I paid $29.00 for mine at lowes and it cuts pretty good on softwood and its even ok on small oak. After whacking 30 or so branches a couple years ago it sits still in the garage waiting on me. I should add that I also have a Husqvarna that I used for a 1/2 hour or so after I bought it. It too sits in the garage next to my non powered saw.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirginiaIron
I have the sun joe electric one with 8 inch bar. More power than the gas one we have at work. Sharp chain and it moters right though everything I’ve put it on. I started buying al electric tools for home now. Tired of gas for things I use a few times a year.

I have the sun joe electric one and the manual fiskars pole saw , both work great for my acre of property . For how often I use them, I didn't want another gas engine to maintain, got enough of them with 4 chainsaws , mowers , tillers , ect.

Reactions: jhon420
Several years ago, I got the Remington electric pole saw from ACE Hardware for $69. I have used it EXTENSIVELY two times without any problems. It has sit in my garage ever since. I will probably need it in the next season or two.

I also have the telescoping manual fiberglass saw/lever cutter from LOWES- that was too much work. LOL