Porter WF-1 vs "Quaker Genuine Burnoil"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skolden

Aug 21, 2014
Washington State
Hello, recently switched out a wood stove to a pellet stove and now I'm thinking of switching out an old oil Quaker stove that has been in this house for years. I was trying to get some thoughts on what kind of efficiency I'd be gaining if I switched to a Porter WF-1 that I have had for a few years but never even hooked up. The Quaker stove seems to burn at least 5 gallons of oil a day when on the lowest setting, I turn it on only when it's really cold as a backup heat and/or when I will be gone for a few days. I have a 100 gallon diesel tank on the side of the house for supplying oil to the stoves. If I switch stoves will there be much difference in overall heat and fuel usage? Or is it even worth the effort to switch them out?

Attachments

• Porter.jpg
    Porter.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 385
  • quaker.jpg
    quaker.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,060
Status
Not open for further replies.