Possible to Convert Feed/Auger to New Style on Harman Advance (Chainless)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anjenaire

Dec 2, 2008
W. Hartford CT
Went to Harman's website to download the Advance model manual as I am replacing the ignitor. However, I saw in the back of the manual a new mechanism for feeding the pellets. One that doesn't have the chain. The older design is a quite noisy. I would think this direct driven design would be quieter, no? Would it be possible/practical to change out the mechanism on an older Harman Advance model (pre Serial Number 008360001 Feeder Assembly) to the newer design (Post Serial Number 008360001 Feeder Assembly)?

Attachments

• Feed Assembly (Old).jpg
    Feed Assembly (Old).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 326
  • Feed Assembly (New).jpg
    Feed Assembly (New).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 300
anything is possible, but its not easy. you'd need the whole new feed mechanism, a new hopper, and different body panels. Its not really any quieter either. not worth the effort in the least, IMO.

anyone know when they got rid of the chain? I am looking at a two year old Advance.

about 2 years ago, IIRC. that machine could be on the cusp.

Status
Not open for further replies.