Poulan pro pp4218a Chain size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

baseroom

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2014
Rochester
OK I own 2 Huskys and a stihl!! Im looking for a cheap saw to cut stumps to ground level! I saw this guy and when I did some research it says its a 42cc saw running a .375 chain! Thats what is listed on the website! Seems crazy that they would run a 3/8 chain on a saw of this size. Am I missing something? Thanks!

there are two different 3/8 chain
one is low profile and that is what is probably on the throwaway saw.
Usually stumping saws are big CC saws with a long hard nose bar.
I did finish cutting a stump with one of those,not what i would recommend doing with it.My has had a Muff Mod and tuned accordingly.And is also only staying temporarily till a new owner takes it away.

Yea it is strange that they don't indicate the LP on their specs. I would use it for small stumps 12' and under. Don't like laying the good saws in the dirt

Reactions: D8Chumley