Power company wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PA. Woodsman said:
Well, I didn't mean it in that context. I worked for a tree service once a time. Some of them are like us and a lot of them dont care what type of tree it is. Their job is to cut it down. I expect a seasoned wood burner to know more about wood types than a tree service. They will call it maple and dont care what type.. " Hey! It's on the ground! Job done! "... So as far as trusting the opinion of a tree service guy from PA, well, I dont. Maybe if he was from Virginia and I still wouldn't fully trust it. Bird hunting and bird watching is two different things. I think we are among the fans of wood, or maybe a " wood watcher ". :lol: So I hope you didn't take offense to my comment. :)

No, no offense at all; I was just poking fun at my home state there, just for kicks and giggles...doesn't matter where they were from, just found it a little humorus that they were from PA. Just funnin' around.[/quote]

PA is a good state. I have been meaning to check out some of the civil war sites there.

But yeah I never like to bother the tree service guys when they are giving me wood for free. I always try and stay out of their way. These guys were really nice. However with that said, I'm not sure why dominion power hired a PA tree service. There are tons of them here. I'm sure those PA guys are making a killing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.